Tuesday 8 September 2015

Apple seed

Ugggh I have the flu or something so I am a tad late with this blog post.
yesterday was release day of the following amazing digital stamp by Unky from The East Wind. It is called 'Apple Seed' and you can purchase the image here.
Here is my first sneak peek I shared around and on Instagram...
here is the second sneak peek I shared on Instagram

Here is the reveal!!

I loved this image as soon as I saw it and had to put my hand up to colour it. I am so into colouring images to full effect and this was a great one to use. I decided to colour her as if she was a witch in a mirror holding out an apple with a spell on it. Care for a bite?
The frame was cut with a cameo and I heat embossed it with silver/metallic embossing powder.
I used Polychromos pencils to colour her and from memory the following pencils were used.
Apple
-dark red
-cadmium red
-deep red
-scarlet red
-dark indigo
Skin
Light yellow ochre
-nougat
-dark naples ochre
-ivory
-dark sepia

Cape and background
-Dark indigo
-warm grey
-black
-nougat

So that is that :) I love her!
Don't forget the East Wind has a closed facebook page which has a challenge 'all about the hair' running until the 17th of September so be sure to colour up one of the awesome images and go all out on the hair!
The East Wind also has a challenge blog and has a challenge which is just about to finish (don't worry a new challenge will be on it's way if you don't make it in time) where you need to add corrugated cardboard to your creation. You can find the blog here.

Thanks for dropping by.
You can find me on Instagram @ericabruton and don't forget to hashtag your fab east wind colouring so I can check them out :)
Erica xx

I am entering this card into the following challenges

12 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, your coloring is totally GORGEOUS! This image certainly is eye catching, but the coloring you did brings her to life! Beautiful work! Thanks for joining us at Great Impressions! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG this is truly amazing! Your colouring is awesome. Thanks for joining in with our first Challenge. Lisa DT Unicorn Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a terrific card! Your colouring is amazing!! Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE this. Great colouring, super job. Thanks so much for entering the first challenge of The Pencil Cases Challenge Blog and our theme of 'Anything Goes'. Yvonne (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is beautiful but I must confess that one of our rules is that there are no selling links allowed when you enter our challenge. Nevertheless your card is lovely

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing coloring! Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash for the Mirror, Mirror challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab card! Love the image! Thanks for joining the Shopping Our Stash crew for our "Mirror Mirror" challenge this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Total perfection. Thank you so much for joining us at Unicorn Challenge Blog this month. Hugs Traci DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW! Gorgeous image with your awesome coloring! Very life-like!
    Thank you for joining our September Challenge at Great Impressions.
    Ruza ~ GI Designer
    Ruza's Craft Corner

    ReplyDelete