Friday 24 April 2015

Aurora Lost Lagoon

Hello everyone (waving) I see I have a few new followers :) Welcome aboard. I hope I can entertain you all with some of my arty pieces.
This post is about a new digital stamp which has been released from The East Wind today. Unky has drawn up this gorgeous image and as soon as I saw it i wanted to colour it. It gives me a fantasy/ alice in wonderland kind of feel.
The image is called 'Aurora- Lost Lagoon' and you can purchase it as a digital stamp here.
Here is my first sneak peek i shared on Instagram (you can follow me there @ericabruton)
it is of aurora looking into the lagoon.
Here is my second sneak peek of what Aurora is actually looking at in the lagoon, a koi fish with a magical crown, which obviously she has to have.

Here is my finished piece all framed and looking gorgeous, I think :)

I printed the image A4 size as I knew I would need some space to colour it how I wanted. i imagined it to look like a magical/fantasia kind of place. I wanted to really test my boundaries as I have never painted water let alone under water. i was googling underwater ponds, underneath water lillies and koi fish just to get how I would colour this image. I used polychromos in the beginning but ended up moving onto Inktense to really get the look I was after. I have to say it took me about three days to finally finish it. I had to set it aside each day and come back to it. haha and each time i would change my mind about how I was colouring it. I was going to have a glow coming off Aurora but ended up giving the crown a glow instead. It drew Aurora to the pond I think and somehow connected her to the fish. ....now I'm rambling. It's weird I try and make a connection with everything I colour, I think it's what make my colouring work.
Anyhow enough of my rambling make sure you head on over The East Wind at etsy and purchase this image and give it a go. Its lots of fun to colour.

I will be entering this piece into the following challenges
SLSlines challenge #8 Anything goes (oh looky at that the same as above)
craft Your Passion Challenges challenge #258 Anything goes (sheesh everything is anything goes...lucky :) )

Anyways, cheerio catch ya next time
Erica

10 comments:

  1. Hi Erica,
    Your coloring is stunning! Incredible job!
    Thanks for joining us over at Lil' Patch of Crafty Friends!
    Hugs
    Sandra (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful!!! Thank you for joining us at Love to Scrap, good luck!!! Amy DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful work! Thanks for sharing your lovely creation for the Craft Your Passion Challenges, hope to see you again soon, hugs, Helena

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow! Such a beautiful and stunning project! it's perfect!
    Thanks for playing along in the Design Team Showcase.
    Hugs,
    Natalie
    INKognito

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, What a stunning card, such a gorgeous image. I am also a new follower on your blog. Would love you to visit me also :)

    Hugs Anna xx
    http://chasingchaoticchaos.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing colouring - a beautiful piece of art.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful creation, stunning.
    Rose xx

    ReplyDelete